If you love growing strawberries as well as eating them, then you'll love Tillamook strawberries! But what is a Tillamook strawberry? Tillamook strawberries are a variety of strawberry that has a high yield and produces good quality, large strawberries. These strawberries are extremely delicious and will produce a TON of berries, not to mention their size will impress you as well! If you want to learn how to grow Tillamook strawberries, keep reading!
This variety of strawberry comes from the Oregon region and is known for its large size. Because of their size, Tillamook strawberries are used a lot in processing in making jams, jellies, and other strawberry packed deserts. For the home gardener, this means you'll get some beautiful, big strawberries that you'll wanna show off to the whole neighborhood!
Growing Tillamook Strawberries:
- Choose a site that has full sun – the more sun your strawberries get, the bigger and sweeter they'll get!
- Use soil with good drainage. Strawberries like moist soil, but never overly wet.
- Work compost or other organic material into the soil for nutrients.
- Get the plants in the ground as early as you can in the spring, once the ground is workable.
- Give each plant lots of space as they like to spread horizontally.
- Pinch off the first flowers and runners that appear. This will allow the roots to put energy into growing a strong root system.
Learn more about growing strawberries!
So now that you know how to grow Tillamook strawberries, it's time to roll up your sleeves and get to planting!
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂