Wanna have a windowsill full of herbs all year round? Look no further than this DIY mason jar herb garden that will keep your garden nice, tidy, and clean, all while rewarding you with some beautiful herbs that you can use day in and day out! Keep reading about the DIY mason jar herb garden to learn how to set it up, seed it, and plant it!
Especially in areas where winters are long and cold, having a a mason jar herb garden is a MUST as the only thing they really need is good soil, a little bit of sun, and some water! This way, you’ll be able to enjoy the freshest, most delicious herbs even in the dead of winter!
DIY Mason Jar Herb Garden – A Guide
- Mason jars
- Mason jar holder (optional)
This guide is really a no-brainer because it’s as easy as pouring soil into the jars and planting your herbs!
- To your mason jars, add a few rocks or pebbles. This will help with drainage.
- Fill your mason jars halfway with potting soil. Learn how to make your own potting soil.
- Plant seedlings or grown plants into the soil.
- You can also plant herbs from seed such as cilantro, parsley, or choose from these 5 herbs that thrive indoors.
- Water only once the soil feels dry – over watering herbs could make them dye out!
- Place the mason jars in a sunny spot, such as a windowsill.
- Only harvest 1/3 of the herbs at a time as to not harm the rest of the plant.
Share and Pin 🙂