If you’re an avid gardener or just a lover of outdoor spaces, you’re no doubt a fan of moss covered spaces! Moss adds a touch of magic and intrigue to any garden, and makes it look that much more lush! Super easy to propagate, moss is actually an amazing plant to have in your garden because it has no known pests AND also stays green throughout winter. If you’re looking to learn how to grow your own moss, you’ve come to the right place! With just a few ingredients (only 2 really!), you can grow your own moss!
How to Grow Your Own Moss – A DIY Gardening Guide
- A piece of moss from your garden or anywhere else – it can be dead or alive.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Paint brush
- Pour the water and buttermilk into a blender.
- Top with enough moss to fill the blender.
- Blend until you get a milkshake like consistency.
- Paint or pour the mixture over rocks, pots, garden decorations, fences, bricks, trees, or really wherever you’d like your moss to grow!
For the first few weeks while the moss is growing, use a mister to mist the moss.
If possible, try to keep in the shade.
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂