Did you know that you can actually grow tomatoes from slices? It's true! Tomatoes aren't only grown from seeds, but also from an actual tomato. Today we'll show you how to grow tomatoes from slices. It's easy, it's fast, and perfect for beginner gardeners!
How to Grow Tomatoes From Slices
Choose a Tomato:
Choose a large, ripe tomato. Cut a slice about 0.5 inches thick.
Planting Sliced Tomato:
- Place your slice of tomato on top of potting mix in a small pot or container.
- Cover the tomato slice with about an inch of soil and pat down.
- Cover the container with plastic wrap for warmth and moisture.
- Within a week, you should see your tomato start to sprout. Remove the plastic wrap.
- While your seedling is growing, give it water and place in a sunny spot.
- After about 2 weeks, once your tomato seedling has grown, transplant to a bigger pot or in your garden.
- Fertilize twice a month while the seedling is growing.
- Water about an inch a week and be careful not to water the leaves.
Your tomato plant should grow big and healthy now, so just make sure to give it water, sun, and snip away the suckers so you can grow bright, beautiful tomatoes!