If you're as obsessed with succulents as we are, you're going to fall in love with the newest succulent trend: succulent ball topiaries! These succulent ball decorations are actually pretty easy to make, and won't cost you a lot of money either. Keep reading to learn how to make succulent balls and adorn your garden or any indoor space with these amazing little decos!
How to Make Succulent Balls – A DIY Gardening Guide
Before we begin, you'll need to amass some ingredients! Of course you can make your succulent ball as big or as small as you wish, but to start, we've opted for a 4″ one (which is small, but you gotta start somewhere!).
- 4″ sphagnum moss ball
- succulent cuttings of your choice (see here how to propagate succulent cuttings!)
- green pins (for hanging)
- Begin by soaking your sphagnum moss ball in water. Skipping this step will make it very difficult for you to insert the succulent cuttings into the ball.
- Once soaked, go ahead and insert a green pin into the center of the ball. Do this first so that you can insert the succulents around the pin. The pin is so that you can hang your ball, but if you don't want to hang it, you can skip this step!
- Poke holes all throughout the ball and insert your succulents into the holes.
- Start by working on one side, and turn the ball over as you insert the succulents. Once you cannot turn the ball over anymore, hang it up, and continue adding your succulents to it.
- When the entire ball is covered, you're done!
- Spray your succulent ball occasionally with water and voila!
So now that you know how to make succulent balls, it's time to roll up your sleeves and get to planting!
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂