This homemade miracle grow is one of the best plant food recipes you will EVER make! We’ve tried and tested it and we’ve had nothing but great success! Plants loved each and every ingredient in this DIY miracle grow recipe and we also saved a bunch of money! On top of that, this homemade miracle grow recipe contains all natural ingredients so you know your plant is getting the best every time you feed it!
Homemade plant food is really the best thing you can give your plants because you know each and every ingredient that goes into it! Plants grow bigger and healthier when they’re given the necessary nutrients, such as magnesium and sulfur.
Homemade Miracle Grow – DIY
- 1 gallon of water (about 18 1/2 cups of water)
- 1 tbsp Epsom salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp of Household ammonia
- In a big bucket, mix all ingredients together until well dissolved.
- Pour the mixture directly onto soil of plants once a month.
- The amount you use will depend on the size of your plant. So for example, a small, indoor plant will only need a cup’s worth, while a fruit tree may need the whole bucket!
Why This Works:
The ingredients found in Miracle Grow and other feeds and fertilizers also contain the above ingredients. The only difference though, is that these commercial feeders also contain other unnecessary chemicals and preservatives which your plant does NOT need.
Try using this feed instead of commercial feeds so that your plants will last longer and be healthier. If you’re growing edible plants, such as fruits or veggies, this homemade Miracle Grow is also a better alternative as it can then be called organic – free of pesticides, chemicals, and preservatives!
To see more posts like this one, check out our Plants Blog!