We’re thrilled to share this safe and cheap DIY lawn food recipe with you today because it’s the best thing we’ve come upon in a long time! It’s made with super save ingredients and so it’s great for gardens that may have pets or small children. And did we mention how well it really works? Apply this DIY lawn food to your lawn and the grass really WILL be greener on YOUR side!
We promise after just a few weeks your grass will be greener, thicker, and healthier!
DIY Lawn Food
- 1 bottle of beer (any kind of beer you have will do just fine!)
- 1 cup mild baby shampoo
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/4-1/2 cup Epsom salts
- 1 cup household ammonia
- hose sprayer with setting
- Mix all ingredients together in a big jug and make sure to do this in a well ventilated area, preferably outdoors!
- Stir ingredients well so that they’re nicely mixed.
- Pour into your hose sprayer and voila – you’ve got yourself some safe and effective DIY lawn food!
How to Use the DIY Lawn Food:
- Spray evenly over your lawn.
- Water within a few minutes of application.
- Apply once every 2-3 weeks when daytime temperatures are below 90F (32C).
- Lastly, make sure to always water within a few minutes of applying the lawn food – this will ensure that the minerals will really seep into the soil and feed the grass!
Why It Works:
Ammonia delivers a high dose of nitrogen with is essentially what you would find in commercial fertilizers. Your soil and grass love nitrogen and will eat it up!
Mild baby shampoo helps the soil to open up to allow the rest of the ingredients to easily penetrate into the soil.
Beer is fermented and therefore contains numerous acids which are beneficial to the soil.
Club soda contains carbonation which delivers a good source of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and mineral salts.
Epsom salts are an amazing source of magnesium and sulfate, which your grass loves!
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂